Monday, October 20, 2008

Janet Rogers


Janet Rogers
Originally uploaded by random acts of poetry
Hi All;
It was a lot of work! For poets and Wendy our (tireless?) organizer.

I shared poetry with the executive board members of the B.C. Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres in Victoria B.C. and did this in the Family Literacy room - what could be more appropriate. There were some families there too.

Conducted a writing class at the Tribal School on the Tsarlip Reserve on Vancouver Island. Some of the students in this class were contributors in the "We Can Say This" publication and read their poems to the class when they received the booklets.

Then I committed Random Acts of Poetry at an event called "Shop the Wild B.C. at the Royal Roads University, but dang-it, forgot to bring my camera that day as I was selling my crafts and had too much to pack. But during that weekend, read to Elders, teachers, moms-to-be and a Band council contingent from Haida Gwai.

As a result, my books are now in a variety of communities throughout British Columbia, such as Prince Rupert, The Queen Charlotte Islands, Penticton, Cowichan etc.

Janet Rogers

No comments: